Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 2

I kept with some of my resolutions today.  I did get some exercise.  I did try to stay on a routine today.  I did work on my story.  It wasn't the main focus of my day, but it's still early in the year.  


I got through the first couple of chapters.  My main focus is getting through the story making minor changes as I read it and keeping the time line straight.  I've always been a slow reader so I couldn't expect to have gotten very far in the novel.  But I am working on it.  Like drops of water in a bucket, drop by drop the bucket will fill.  So too will my story come together, letter by letter, word by word, page by page.  


Since staying positive was also one of my resolutions.  I will try to stay positive about my writing as well as the other aspects of my life.  While visiting a friend of mine between rounds of wii golf and bowling she happened to mention to me the Japanese idea of Kaizen.  The word Kaizen is Japanese for "improvement", or "change for the better" it refers to a philosophy or practice that focuses upon continuous improvement of processes.  But more than just continuous improvement it is small increments of change.  


Here is to a year of slow change.  As the river slowly turns right we will turn right with the flow and as it flows back to the left we shall gently flow with it.  Which is, I was reminded today, how you block an attack in some of the martial arts, moving with the action and deflecting at the same time.  


I'm going back to my story for another 30 minutes then I'm off to bed.  Tomorrow we working on getting a routine down.  



No comments:

Post a Comment