Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wednesday - June 27, 2012
There are four days left in "Camp Nanowrimo 2012" and I know that I'm not going to finish and I have made peace with this.  I have learned many things over the last 27 days of June and here is a summary...

One can only do so much.  When a task feels like you are being sandblasted and basted in rubbing alcohol then this is not something you should do.  Working 7 days in a week (oh wait there is only 7 days in a week) I have no down time.  I don't need down time to write, but I do need to re-evaluate things that I do and change a few items in my life.

I need daily writing goals.
I need to go "cold turkey" from Netflix.
I need to go back to the gym to clear my mind and improve my health.
I need to "not" work 7 days a week.
I need to have fun from time to time.
I need to make writing a priority.

I got 16,200 words down in 27 days.  I ripped money out of a retirement plan that will pay for almost 1 of my credit cards thus reducing my working 2 jobs significantly.  I joined the gym (still working on getting there on a regular basis), I canceled my Netflix effective July 20, 2012 (but I'm going to pretend it's off now),  I'm sitting in a cafe drinking frozen Dulce de Leche and I'm working on my blog that I intend to post every Wednesday.

I'm a firm believer that the things in your life happen because they are supposed to, the things that don't were not supposed to, and that if you look hard enough there are learning experience to be had around every corner.  Camp is almost over and I'm headed to where I need to be with a light and happy heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment