Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Time...

It's funny how time can just slip away.  It's been almost 5 weeks since I made a post.  Hurricanes, bad connections at the local cafe, and illness.  Excuses or explanations...you choose.

Since then I have been enjoying my weekends, as am no longer work my second job.  I must say.  The list that I created of all the things I intend to do, well, only a few things were completed.  I did clean the sliding glass doors (they look marvelous), and a project to turn a $1.00 pencil holder into a "Tardis Pencil Holder" (which doesn't look so marvelous and wasn't completed).

Is that how retirement is going to go?  List and list of things that never get completed.  Am I going to end up one of those people whose retirement consists of coffee and paper, then a nap, then tv, then another nap, till dinner time then to bed.  I sure as hell hope not.  That would truly be sad.

I intended to use my weekends to write, to go to the gym, clean the house, never happened.  What actually happened is that I watched Falling Skies, ate, and napped.   (The show was quite a cliff hanger, by the way.)

This coming weekend I'll be at a CONtraflow.  No time to really take care of the house.  Easy and fun excuse not to do anything.

So I keep promising myself.  I will start utilizing my time more effectively, I will complete all the items on my list...as soon as this last episode of Warehouse 13 goes off.

No comments:

Post a Comment