Tuesday, August 28, 2012

From the center of Hurricane Isaac...Wed., Aug. 29, 2012

It's 12:32 am, it's also the 7th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina.  

I decided to stay through this one.  Lots of wind and rain.  A small leak in the bathroom.  But I still have electricity for now.  One of my neighbors has a tree down, no cable, but still has power.  So over-all things are pretty good.  The worst of the storm is yet to come, they keep saying from midnight until dawn is the worse.

My theory is that due to the proximity to the hospital and and old folks home, this is the reason we still have have power.  

Social media has kept me going through this which should probably be the center focus of my blog.  I've been able to keep tabs on most of the people I know.  I've watched when their communication dropped off. Listened to the sleepless gabbing.  It's comforting.

I think I would be more scared if there were thunder and lightening along with the wind and rain.  I'm actually starting to get sleepy again.  I'll be glad when this is over.  I'd love a cup of tea and a petit four.  I know if I want this I better have this now, before the power goes.  (yes, I keep saying 'if' and 'when' because I'm pretty sure I will lose it at some future point)

Tomorrow, I'll use the day for writing.  I've goofed off enough.  I should have at least one personally productive writing day.

Ok, this post like my life right now has now central theme, nor is it organized.  It just "is."


No comments:

Post a Comment