Wednesday, January 16, 2013

January 16 - A cold day in the Big Easy!

Brrr.  The weather is chill--cold, it's freakin' cold.  The good news is the weather is going to warm up.  Bad news, not fast enough. 

Am I going to the parades? Not unless it warms up. 

Am I watching the AFC game?  Probably not.

Am I ok?  (silence)

I'm like the butterfly.  I blossom when the sunshine’s and the air is warm.  I stretch and smile and I just feel better.  Right now I just want to go home, light my bed on fire, and crawl in the middle until I thaw.

...and that leads me to one of my favorite poems.

"The Cremation of Sam McGee, by Robert W. Service."

Basically to guys are out in the woods, Sam's buddy puts his dead body in a crematorium, and opens the door, Sam tells him close the door he's finally warm.  I just want to be warm.

Snow on the Northshore you say, better not, I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment