Friday, January 4, 2013

(2013) January 2

January 2, 2013

No promises, no resolutions, no demands.  A year of moving with the flow of water.  Like the Tai Chi Master with slow and measured movements.  I will take each step with purpose, knowledge, and confindence.  Little steps, baby steps...stepping on flat stones of a path that has been destined by fate, not by me.

I spent all day New Year's Eve trying to demand of myself a year where I could be the person I think I admire.  But the funny thing is, that type of admiration is almost unattainable.  It's so far up, that there are only a few people in the whole globe who could reach that height, and they probably don't know they even do. 

I pined on all the aspects of life and all it did was make me depressed.  (Too much thinking does that to me.) And so, I decided that I just was not going to demand anything from myself.  No moments off all those things that I "am going" to do.  I either will "be doing" it, or I "won't."  Live in the present, not the past or the future. 

There is one exception to this.  I am going to buy a house this year.  I've already got my pre-aproval, an agent, and now it's time to do the hard part...the house hunting.  I'm scared.  But if I can get a house for the same thing that I currently pay in rent.  Why wouldn't I take advantage of the situation and reinvest my own money instead of tossing my rent money into the empty void of capitalism. 




No comments:

Post a Comment