Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January 9th


The dense fog moving into the city, behind that, rain on the way.  The perfect weather to ring in the Mardi Gras Season which started on Sunday. (Deep sarcasm)

It's not that I'm am, or I'm not, looking forward to Mardi Gras.  I much prefer when the season falls later rather than earlier.  January and February are rainy and cold.  Mardi Gras is going to run smack dab in the middle of the Super Bowl, and the Saints are not contenders this year.

Just people after people some crazy, some drunk, but a lot of them both.  Yeah. (more sarcasm) For the locals there are more important things to look forward to.  Mardi Gras Balls, Crawfish, and King Cake.

When the weather is colder, I am more likely to stay home than head out to a parade, more likely to watch TV than watch a ball.  Oddly, I'm not all that fond of King Cake, so I could pass on that completely.  My logical brain knows it is crawfish season, but somehow my taste buds aren't quite ready.  I pass gobs of places that sell them and haven't quite got to the point of stopping.

But the colors of purple, green, and gold are pretty, prettier than Christmas reds and greens.  And people are festive because they get to party but aren't forced to purchase presents for people they don't even like.  Share a King Cake, why not, maybe my arch enemy will get the plastic baby, and buy the next cake, or choke on the baby, either way, it's a win-win.




No comments:

Post a Comment